This well known integrated agency based in central London is seeking a strong account director to join their consumer health and beauty team. Clients include international beauty brands, food/drink, nutrition, to luxury skin care names and much more. The team is currently around 30 and the wider agency around 160 so there’s lots of support, a great culture and room for development.
The successful candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit with the ambition to help drive this already successful team. They will have an in depth knowledge of the beauty industry with a proven track record of strong editorial results and journalist contact book. We are looking for someone who is a confident presenter who can lead client meetings, as well as solid listener who possess exemplary writing skills, has a ‘can – do’ attitude and positive spirit.
They will be working alongside an Associate Director as well as supported by directors above and a strong team below. The senior management team all have big ideas for the future of the team – we want someone to add value to help craft new business opportunities, take on the running of existing accounts and assist to manage the team below them.
First class training will be provided and there are excellent prospects for career development.
Key personal attributes
· Strong problem solving skills
· Commercial awareness
· The ability to inspire and lead a team
· Strong interpersonal and networking skills, and existing contacts
· Excellent listening skills and organisational skills
· A keen interest in current affairs and able to take an educated point of view on news stories that are relevant to clients
· A positive and ‘can-do’ attitude
Client servicing and campaign management
· Ensure department work ethic is high quality – on brief, on time and on budget
· Build and negotiate scope of work for each campaign/client
· Deliver broad ranging, insightful advice on campaigns and wider communications issues
· Maintain contemporary knowledge of industry trends, direction and developments to educate teams and clients
· Develop overall PR plans with support of team
· Continue engagement with senior editors
· Issues management, due diligence and risk assessment
· Ongoing management and negotiation of SOW to drive profitability and efficiency
Own, maintain and develop senior client relationships – fully understand their business, remit and challenges
Drive client efficiency and profitability
· Help ADs to manage department capacity planning and resource allocation
· Assist ADs to present coherent budgets and reconciliations, and ensure correct contracts/agreements are in place for each client/brand/campaign
Proposals and new business
Develop and write strategic client proposals, as well as new business pitches – research, insights, creative and presentation
· Be proactive in identifying new business opportunities
· Ensure campaign reviews are presented proficiently with learnings and insights, and show creativity in how reviews are built and presented